BioSpecialists Provides Expert Training
Working with biohazardous scenes and situations is dangerous, both for the public and first responders. Proper training of handling and cleanup techniques is crucial in order to ensure the safety of everyone involved. BioSpecialists is available to provide training to police, fire, EMS and other emergency personnel, as well as funeral home staff. We are New England’s most experienced biohazard cleanup company, and have the most up-to-date knowledge of the industry’s best practices and regulations.
BioSpecialists has been chosen by several groups to provide accredited training courses, including the New Hampshire Chiefs of Police, the Maine State Funeral Directors, and Southern Maine EMS. We can come to your department or funeral home and offer training designed specifically for your needs. We are very flexible with scheduling, and can travel throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. Often CE credits are available for personnel who receive our trainings.
BioSpecialists offers training for a variety of topics, including bloodborne pathogens training, meth lab awareness and cleanup, chemical suicide cleanup, and biohazard cleanup and remediation. Some of our past trainings have included:
- Response to chemical suicide for first responders in the Belfast area. All fire EMS and law enforcement personnel attending received CEH credits.
- Training to all fire departments in Maine, as well as Maine State Funeral Directors members, on bloodborne pathogens and disinfection techniques.
- Partnering with Ohio Bio Hazardous Recovery to sponsor a free meth lab awareness informational session, with emphasis on the growing problem in Maine.
- Trauma Intervention Program training, held at the Portland Police Station. Responders were given instruction on how to protect themselves, their family members, and the general public from the dangers of bloodborne pathogens.
- Disinfection and bloodborne pathogens training held at the New Hampshire Chiefs of Police conference.
- Training on disinfection techniques for the Derry, New Hampshire police department, working on-site with mock scenarios, as well as training to improve protocol for proper disinfection of jail cells, holding cells and police vehicles.
BioSpecialists can provide first responders and funeral home personnel with the latest and most effective methods and standards. Call us today to set up a training based on your schedule and department needs. 207-839-9111.